6.20% p.a. fixed for 24 months - This offer is exclusively available to Kāinga Ora First Home Loan applicants and can be withdrawn at any time and without notice.
$3,000 cash contribution - By applying with Unity, you may qualify for a $3,000 cash contribution when you take out a new home loan of $250,000 or more. View Terms and Conditions.
Pay no approval fee - If you apply for a Unity Home Loan and get approved before 31 March 2024, we'll waive the $350 approval fee!
First Home Loan eligibility
To be eligible for a Kāinga Ora First Home Loan with Unity, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a New Zealand Citizen and/or Permanent Resident Visa Holder who is ‘ordinarily a resident in New Zealand’.
- Be a first-home buyer, or a previous homeowner in a similar financial position to a first-home buyer
- Have a before-tax income from the last 12 months of:
- $95,000 or less for an individual buyer without dependants; or
- $150,000 or less for an individual buyer with one or more dependants; or
- $150,000 or less (combined) for two or more buyers, regardless of the number of dependants
- Have a minimum deposit that is at least 5% of the purchase price of the home you are interested in buying (inclusive of all savings, grants, first-home withdrawals, and gifts)
- Be purchasing a home for you to live in as your primary place of residence
- Not own any other property or land, this does not include ownership of Māori land
- Be purchasing a property of less than 1 hectare
- Pay a 0.5% Lender’s Mortgage Insurance premium and a $350 approval fee
For more information on Kainga Ora’s First Home loan, visit the Kainga Ora website.
If you don’t think you are eligible for a First Home Loan, you may still qualify for a Home Loan with Unity.
Need help getting onto the property ladder?
Buying your first home can be both exciting and daunting. But with Unity, you're in safe hands. Helping Kiwis into their first home is our purpose!
By applying with us, you may qualify for a First Home Loan, supported by Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities.
A step-by-step guide to buying your first home
No matter what stage you're at in your home-buying journey, we can help you navigate the process.
From preparing to buy to making an offer, find the path to your property goals with our step-by-step First Home Buyers Guide.