Support for Unity members impacted by Cyclone Gabrielle
People helping people – it's what we do
Posted February 2023
There are a range of ways we may be able to help, depending on your situation, including;
- Repayment deferrals on your Home Loan
- Extending the term of your loan to assist with ongoing affordability
- Getting early access to Term Deposit funds (note this may result in less interest earned)
- Access to an Overdraft to cover immediate costs
How to get in touch
If you are impacted by the cyclone you may be eligible for hardship assistance. Please complete the form here.
We are available on 0800 229 943 between:
- Monday to Friday 8.00am – 6.00pm
- Saturday, 8.30am to 12.00pm (noon)
Or you can visit your local branch if it is safe to do so.
All of our branches that were impacted by the cyclone are now open.
Vehicle insurance claims
If your vehicle has been damaged and you have an existing Provident Vehicle insurance policy, you can contact Provident directly to make a claim on 0800 676 864.
Civil Defence Payment
If you and your family have been affected by Cyclone Gabrielle, you may be able to get a Civil Defence Payment through Work and Income.
The Civil Defence Payment can help with things such as emergency food or costs if you’ve had to leave your home. Find out more on their website or call 0800 400 100.
Cyclone Gabrielle FAQs
For more information on our response to Cyclone Gabrielle, read our FAQs here.
Your Unity team